Organization Mission: Through its three Divisions, Centro De Bienestar, Proyecto Primavera, and Women and Infant Care (WIC) Gardner provides comprehensive behavioral health, educational, and nutritional services dedicated to improving the lives and health status of low and moderate-income communities in Santa Clara County. Gardner utilizes a comprehensive approach that is linguistically appropriate and culturally inclusive in the delivery of services.
The Gardner Mental Health Department – CENTRO DE BIENESTAR provides a wide range of programs and services, including 24-hr crisis response, therapy, rehabilitation services, case management, medication prescription, psychological testing, health assessment, outreach, advocacy and education. Depending on the specific needs of the client our services can encompass:
- The full array of outpatient care which includes individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, counseling and rehabilitation services, psychiatric evaluation, medication management, and case management provided to all ages.
- Preventive and innovative services that target older adults struggling with mental health and/or substance abuse issues as well as their caregivers.
- Full Service Partnership Programs, which are intensive service delivery models for clients that are high risk of re-hospitalization or re-incarceration.
- Adult and Adolescent Dual Diagnosis Programs that target populations with co-occurring (mental health and substance abuse) disorders.
- Early intervention and prevention services for families involved with the department of children and family services.
- Criminal justice programs, designed to bring individual and family therapy to adults and adolescents caught in the criminal justice system.
- FIRST 5 services that target families who have children under the age of six and are struggling with issues of mental health, substance abuse, legal issues, or court related issues.
- Adult Outpatient Program is a State certified Alcohol and/ or other Drugs (AOD) program that treats stabilized episodic users whose level of dysfunction requires individualized counseling and group support.
- Most nonviolent drug offenders could benefit much more from treatment and education than from jail and a criminal record. Penal Code 1000 PC – California’s Deferred Entry of Judgment (“DEJ”) program – allows just such an alternative.
- We are a State licensed driving under the influence program. Our efforts are to reduce the personal and property losses caused by drivers under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. Our Drinking Driver Program helps participants examine the arrest experience and the reasons for their arrest
WOMAN INFANT CARE (WIC)
Provides health and nutrition program for women, infants, and children.
Language Capacity: Our staff represents over 10 languages and dialects, including Spanish, Vietnamese, Cambodian, ETC.
Departments Contracted With: Santa Clara County Department of Mental Health, Social Services Agency, Probation, DADs, First 5, COA, and School Districts; State of California.
For more Information, please visit the agency’s website: www.gardnerfamilyhealth.org